• Upcoming Speaking Schedule

     

    With the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day just over a week away, I am looking forward to all of the speaking that I will be doing at a wide variety of events. Below you will find my schedule. Please join me at any and all of them! (Please note that more details will follow in upcoming posts, BUT PLEASE do not hesitate to comment here or email me [nate@sfpermaculture.com] for more information!)

     

    WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 7PM, FARMERS’ MARKET PAVILION

    Farmers' Market Film Series. After the movie, “Mad City Chickens,” I’ll be speaking briefly about my experience as a backyard chicken tender. I know that’s not quite the right word given that a chicken tender is typically an item on a menu, but since I’ll be opening it up after that to be “grilled” with questions from the audience, I think the pun is near perfect.

     

    SATURDAY, APRIL 24, 11AM – 1PM, CAMINO DE PAZ SCHOOL & FARM

    The 4th Annual Food for Thought Brunch at Camino de Paz School and Farm will be a blast as always! This year, I’ll be the main speaker at where over 90% of the food will come from the campus. This event is a fundraiser for the school. If you can’t make the event, your charitable donation would be much appreciated!

     

    SATURDAY, APRIL 24, 2:30PM, SANATA FE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS

    The 6th Annual Master Gardeners’ Fair just keeps getting better and better every year. I’ve spoken there in the past, and I look forward to doing it again. This time the title of my talk is “Gradual Greening: How Rainwater, Snowmelt, and Wastewater Can Enliven Your Garden and Help Save the World.”

     

    SUNDAY, APRIL 25, 2PM, HILTON HOTEL (DOWNTOWN SANTA FE)

    At the Santa Water and Energy Summit, I will be giving a greywater recycling workshop called “Gradual Greening: How to Benefit from Greywater Recycling in a Tough Economy.”

     

    MONDAY, APRIL 26, 11AM, HILTON HOTEL (DOWNTOWN SANTA FE)

    The following day at the same summit, I will be part of a panel discussion with my friend Jeremiah Kidd. Our topic will be, Local Rainwater Harvesting Implementation: Residential Applications

    MONDAY, MAY 3 AND 4, HGTV’S “BANG FOR YOUR BUCK”

    A film crew will be following Melissa and me around as we show off some of our work around town for an upcoming episode of the popular show that you can find on Friday evenings on the Home and Garden Channel.

     

    SATURDAY, MAY 8, 12PM – 4PM, SANTA FE WATERSHED ASSOCIATION

    Here, I’ll be giving a four-hour workshop about water harvesting focusing on passive water-harvesting techniques and active water-harvesting systems.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Wow, ambitious. But when is the release of teh book?

  1. Back in January, I had been told Earth Day (April 22, 2010), but for reasons beyond my control Sunstone had to put my long-awaited effort off a tad...something to do with an 800-page, fully illustrated book about the 400th anniversary of the City of Santa Fe. Thanks for asking! I'll post more when I know more.

  1. Let's just get it out!

Leave a Reply


SUSTAINABILITY
The final frontier.


These are the musings of an engaging enterprise.
Its thirty-year mission:


To create a greener planet.


To seek a better life in our lumbering civilization, and


to slowly go where we are all are headed anyway.




GRADUAL
GREENING


Is an unproven system for generating wide-spread sustainability.


it asks for 10 minutes a day for a year. At the end of the year, it asks for 10 more.


So in the second year, you spend just 20 minutes a day, in the third year, 30 minutes.


If you keep up this pattern, 27 years later you spend over 4 hours per day being extremely green.


Share Here!
Describe your attempts At a sustainable life.